Theme: GLOBAL COLLABORATION
The IATTO Board of Directors issues a call for presenters for the 38th Annual Conference to be held on the 12-14th of September 2012 in Tallinn, Estonia. The 2012 IATTO Forum is hosted by the Marketing Institute and Enterprise Estonia.
The forum agenda provides for presentations for and by forum delegates. Presentations and papers should be in any of the following three areas:
1) NEW AND HOT TRENDS IN GLOBAL TRADE
Increased virtualization is influencing not only private persons, but also increasingly stepping into business world. We see even revolutions triggered by Facebook. What implications does the virtualization have on traders? How can they use the benefits?
*research on emerging trends in global trade
*frontrunners' challenges and lessons learned
*role of media and social media in global trade trends
*new business models
2) MANAGING GLOBAL TEAMS.
Due to the globalization the amount of people that work in global teams is increasing. There are more of the ones that work without direct managerial supervision in present and there are more of the people who have to get results from teams they meet seldom in person. How to manage a global multicultural virtual team to achieve the targeted results? How to motivate teams virtually? How to control the workflow? How to use different collaboration tools? How to get the best use of different locations and timezones? How to build team spirit inside the team that never meets each other? How to organize internal communications?
3) DEVELOPMENT OF GLOBAL SKILLS -
Our focus is on the sharing of information regarding innovations in developing and implementing national, regional, or local international trade training and trade development programs and global skills. Topics would include:
* New programs and practices
* Cases, research and initiatives
* New business models
* New funding models
* Initiatives from government agencies, academic, and private sector partnerships
* Sessions will be 20-30 minutes in length. We will strive to include panel discussions which will form the final segment of each session. We also invite volunteers to chair sessions.
* LCD projector will be provided. Provide presentation on a USB stick or bring your own laptop.
* The deadline for submission of proposals is APRIL 20, 2012.
* Formal notification of acceptance will be emailed by APRIL 30, 2012.
* Conference registration is required for all presenters and participants. (For planning/budget purposes, conference registration fees will be in the region of €590 and hotel accommodation will be available from €35-120/night, but subject to final confirmation.)
Proposals should follow the following format:
* 1) Title of Presentation
* 2) Short 3-5 sentence summary
* 3) Full description
* 4) Name(s) of presenter
* 5) Short biography or CV of presenter(s)
Please send submission as a Word or .pdf to: email@example.com